Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Page 196 (I.8)

Assigned reading (1 par [] plus 102 notes) [secondary] [McH] [*]








FDV: "O, tell me now about Anna Livia! I want to hear all about Anna Livia. Well you know Anna Livia. Yes {of course} I know Anna Livia. Tell me now. Tell me now. You'll die when you hear. Well, you see, when the old chap did what you know. Yes, I know, go on. Or whatever it was he did in the park. He's an awful old rep. What was it he did at all? It was in the papers what he did. O, the old rep!"

FDV2: "O tell me all now about Anna Livia. I want to know all about Anna Livia. Well you know Anna Livia? Yes, of course, I know Anna. Tell me all. Tell me now. You'll die when you hear. Well, you see, when the old chap did what you know. Yes, I know, go on. Or whatever it was they try to make out he tried to do in Phoenix park. He's an awful old rep. What was it he did at all? It was put in the papers what he did. Time will tell. I know it will. O, the old rep!"

French: "O, dis-moi tout d’Anna Livie! Je veux tout savoir d’Anna Livie! Eh bien! tu connais Anna Livie? Bien sûr tout le monde connaît Anna Livie. Dis-moi tout, dis-moi vite. C’est à en crever! Alors, tu sais, quand le vieux gaillarda fit krach et fit ce que tu sais. Oui, je sais, et après, après? Lave tranquillement ton linge et ne patauge pas tant. Retrousse tes manches et délie ton battant. Et ne me cogne pas avec ta caboche, hein! Ou quelque fut le tréfleuve que le triplepatte qu’on dit qu’il trouva dans le parc de l’Inphernix. C’est un beau saalaud! "

Italian: "Raccontami di Anna Livia. Tutto sapere vo’ di Anna Livia. Beh, conosci Anna Livia? Altro che, conosciamo tutte Anna Livia! Dimmi tutto, e presto presto. Roba da chiodi! Beh, sai quando il messercalzone andò in rovuma e fe’ ciò che fe’? Si, lo so, e po’ appresso? Lava pulito e non sbrodolare! Rimboccamaniche e scioglilinguagnolo. Ma la zucca per te se mai ti pieghi. O cosa mai fece bifronte o triforo in quell’infenice di porco nastro? Oibo’, quel lughero malandrone! Che sudiciume di camiciaccia!" [notes]




mysteries:




[00:00-01:10]

I.8: 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216

No comments:

Post a Comment