Sunday, March 23, 2014

Page 200

Assigned reading (2/2 pars [] plus 179 notes) [secondary] [McH] [*]



[Phoebe, dearest, tell, O tell me]



FDV: "And do you know what she started singing then? You'll never guess. Tell me. Tell me. I loved you better than you knew. Ah, go to God, is it Anna Livia? As God is my judge. And then she'd go & stand in the door and every servant girl that passed she'd make a sign to step inside. You don't say! I do! I do! Calling them all & holding up a half a crown & showing them how to bill & coo. Well, of all the things ever I heard! A half a crown to any girl to sit & make fun in Humpy's lap!"

FDV2: "And do you know what she started singing then like a water gluck? You'll never guess. Tell me. Tell me. I loved you better than you knew & calling to him down the feedchute: Hello ducky, please don't die, and letting on to rave about the old songs of his long ago from over the holm, High hellsker saw ladies do {hen} smoke a pigger, the powder pouring off her nose. Ah, go to God, is it Anna Livia? As God is my judge. And then she'd trot down & stand in the door and every servant girl that went the road she'd make her a sign to step inside by the sallyport. You don't say the sallyport! I did! I do! Calling them all and dancing legging a jig or two to show them how to shake their benders & how to show what's out of sight & {all} the way of a maid with a man, cuddle & squiggle & bill & coo, & making a kind of a (cackling} noise like half a crown & holding up a silver coin shiner. Well, of all the things ever I heard! To any girl at all of playful ways of no matter what sex A half a crown a go to sit & have fun in Humpy's lap! And what about the rhyme she made up? O that? Tell me that. I'm dying down off my feet until I hear."

mysteries:



[07:23-09:34]

I.8: 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216

No comments:

Post a Comment