Monday, March 24, 2014

Page 201

Assigned reading (a song and 2/2 pars [] plus 182 notes) [secondary] [McH] [*]







FDV: "{How does it go? Well, listen now. I want a new backside badly, bedad I do, For the one I have is worn out sitting down waiting for the old Dansker to wake up & shout like he used to. Is there any old chap 'd give a soft job I wonder for washing his shirts for him now that we're run out of everything? Only my bed is so warm as it smells it's up I'd be & off with me to the Bull of Clontarf to get the air of the bay & the seawind up my hole.} O go on & tell me more. Tell me every single thing. I want to know every single thing. Well, now comes the childer's part. How many childer has she at all? God only knows. I hear she has 111. A hundred & how? They did well to call her Plurabelle. O my! Such a flock!"

FDV2: "How does it go? Well, listen now. By earth & heaven but I want a brandnew backside badly, bedad and I do, and a plump one {plumper} at that. For the putty affair I have is worn out so it is sitting down doing nothin {yawning} & waiting for my old Dane the dodder dodderer my frugal key of the pantry larder, my hump of the camel {much altered camel's hump}, my jointspoiler, my maymoon's honey, my faithful {true fool to the last} Decemberer, to wake up out of his dumps {doze} & shout at me {me down} like he used to. Is there any lord of the manor at all 'd give a pound or two I wonder for washing his socks for him now that we're run out of meat & milk? Only for my bed is so as warm as it smells it's up I'd leap & off with me to the Bull of Clontarf to get the kind air of Dublin bay & the race of the seawind up my hole. O go on & tell me more. Tell me every little bit. I want to know every single thing. Well, now comes the childer's part. How many childer has she at all? I can't rightly tell you that. God only knows. I hear she has 111. She can't remember half their names. A hundred & how? They did well to christen her Plurabelle. O my! Such a flock! "

mysteries:



[09:33-09:49]
[00:00-01:58]

I.8: 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216

No comments:

Post a Comment